Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Windy Peak - A Wine Review

I recently had an opportunity, via Best Recipes, to review a bottle of wine from DeBortoli Wines

I must confess, I was a little disappointed when I opened the box and found a bottle of red ..... a Windy Peak Cabernet Merlot .... I am a white wine drinker.   However, I knew we were going to have visitors who do drink red, and I knew they would give me an honest opinion ;-)


We had a family get together and BIL was the first to try the wine.  'Thin' was his first impression ;-)  SIL then tried hers and echoed his thoughts ;-)

After a few more sips, and a few more pieces of cheese and crackers and nibbles, the BIL revised his opinion ;-)  So much so, I was encouraged to try a glass.

Usually, on the rare occasions when I do drink red wine, I just have a few sips to taste and be polite - I really don't like red wine BUT ...... you guessed there was a but coming ;-)  ....... I really liked this one - I even had a second glass ;-)

So the verdict is ................ very drinkable - even for this diehard white wine drinker!

Check out the other reviews HERE

Check out their website for more on the other wines available - Windy Peak will definitely be going on my Christmas wine list ;-) http://windypeak.com.au/wines.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for visiting and thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - it is most appreciated.