Here is my third success! Lemon Meringue Pie from Challenge No.5
This was lovely - both hubby & Dad went back for seconds - I love the way the lemon came together and just flowed into the pastry case.
Here is my next success - Chilli tomato & mushroom Fettucini. this dish was really nice - had a really nice kick to it. This is another dish I regularly make up for myself in a big batch and divide into single serves for later.
Now for the first FAILURE!
I have never had much luck using yeast or geletine in anything I have made in the past.
I figured, with my new found confidence, I would make Hot Cross Buns. I followed the instructions step by step, they looked quite nice in the pan before they went in the oven.
When they came out, they looked OK (if a little darker than what I would have liked ;-( ) but on the big taste test - BAA BAAM - they were so rubbery. The flavour was good, but the texture was so wrong!
This failure has not deterred me from trying other things - there are one or two more failures to come which I will report on a bit later - these failures are usually 'operator error' as a result of me not reading the instructions properly.
Will post some more cooking results soon.
Feel free to let me know what you think.